The PeaceTech Lab will be hosting a PeaceTech Summit titled: Scaling PeaceTech: More, Better, Faster on February 4, at USIP.
The global ubiquity of low-cost, easy-to-access technology is changing the way information and capital flow. This new normal has unleashed social entrepreneurs harnessing the power of technology, media and data. PeaceTech emerges when interdisciplinary experts collaborate to design, develop, and deploy new and existing technology tools for peacebuilding.
The 2016 PeaceTech Summit will probe the relationship between existing companies and emergent PeaceTech, test possible funding mechanisms, identify what works best to extinguish violent conflict, and chart the way forward for a PeaceTech industry. We will have visionary pioneers from multiple sectors – all discussing how enterprises can tackle drivers of violent conflict to create a high-impact PeaceTech industry.
The full agenda is here, but these are some of the highlights:
- Jack Dangemond, Founder & CEO, Esri
- Robin Chase, Founder, Zipcar, & author, Peers Inc.
FIRESIDE CHATS - TWO REVOLUTIONS: AI & BIG DATA
- DJ Patil, Chief Data Scientist, White House
- Nick Donofrio, former IBM Executive Vice President of Innovation and Technology; Chairman of the Board, PeaceTech Lab
FIRESIDE CHATS - SCALING UNIQUE ORGANIZATIONS
- Gary Knell, President & CEO, National Geographic Society
- Tom Monahan, Chairman & CEO, CEB; Board Member, PeaceTech Lab
Please RSVP if you'd like to attend.